Monday, January 7, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Diwali! Merry Christmas! And Happy New Year (Did I Miss Any?)


Mommy said she was really tired after the holidays so I decided to help Mommy out and write the next post. Happy New Year to everyone. It was my Ashu Bhua's big birthday on New Years Eve.  We dressed up all fancy.  I wore my new hat and we went to eat at a nice place.  Ashu Bhua seemed very happy.  Later my Ashu Bhua and Masi went to a party while Mommy and Daddy stayed home with Kavin and me.  Daddy let us do some sparklers but then I had to go to bed.  Maybe next  year I can stay up and watch fireworks.

Blowing out candles with Ashu Bhua
I am happy to report that Christmas was a huge success!  Luckily, I was able to fool Santa (and my Dadi and Nani) into thinking that I was a good kid all year because I got lots of cool gifts this year! I got this big thing that I can write with chalk on and play with magnets.



I got this other big cloth thing that I can crawl through.  I got lots of puzzles and books too. I even got a new pizza toy! Kavin got some toys too but I don't know why.  All he ever does is sleep, eat, and poop. I at least put my toys away and help mommy and daddy. But Santa must have found out that sometimes I'm naughty because he left me clothes too.  I guess I'll have to try to be better next year. I even left Santa two cookies this year.  Oh well!

Me leaving Santa two cookies on Christmas eve.
The night before Christmas we went to my Rom Bhua's house.  My other Dadi and Dada were there.  So was my Thayaji and my Didi Maya.  It was so much fun.  I got a puzzle and a police car!



For Christmas we went to another Dadi's house.  My parents call her Anita Aunty. She has two kids, Arron and Angelee and a really nice mommy too that everyone called Bibi. I liked them all. The food was so yummy.  And they played this game where you have to stack blocks and knock them over. It was fun.
Mommy said I have to put in more pictures of Kavin so there!
Later after Christmas I went to California to Nani's house.  It's the place that you have to go up, up in a airplane to get to.  Then you land.  Then Masi comes and picks you up. I got to play with my cousins too. Sean, Jai, and Shiv. They are all boys like me and Kavin.  They kept playing with my toys though but I am learning to share so I guess that was okay.  This is where I got that big cloth thing that you can crawl though.  I think it's called a tent and tunnel. It's really neat.  You have to come to my house and see it.  Mommy and daddy love it too.  They keep looking and it and saying it's so big. 

Before Christmas though, we had Diwali!  Diwali is like Christmas but only better because I got to play with sparklers with some of my friends. It was so cold that day so we were only allowed to play in the garage but we still had fun.  Lots of people I don't know came over to my Dadi's house but they were all nice. They all wanted to hold Kavin too.  It was his very first Diwali! Kavin seemed to like it even though I don't know since he can't talk.  You see, when babies are born, they can't talk.  Only when they get smart like me can they talk. I hope Kavin gets smart.  Mommy and daddy seem like they get tired of me talking to them all the time.  I don't get them.  At first, they tell me to talk and then now they keep telling me shhh all the time.  Parents! The strange nice people at Diwali left me some nice gifts too. I hope I see them more often!

My daddy and my Kavin
Dadi helping me with sparklers
My friend Sonya and I playing with pops. 
And I almost forgot another holiday...Thanksgiving! I went up up in the airplane and then landed. A huge long car came to get us.  Nana and Tej Mamaji were inside the car. There was a lot of room in this car. Thanksgiving is when I learned gobble-gobble.  Turkeys go gobble-gobble.  I got to feed Rocky turkey.


Lots of family came over to see us.  We cut a cake for my Nana because he had turned 65.  I can't even count that high!  I can count to 10 but sometimes I forget 4 and 5.  Nana let me blow out the candles with him and we all cut the cake together.  Nana even let me eat some cake!


We also got to go to a place where they had lot of fishies.  I liked the big fish the best.  You can get so close to them and even touch some of them!

Nani with Kavin
One night, my mommy, daddy, Masi, and Tej Mama snuck out of the house to meet with their friends.  They were naughty! They should have been in bed. They thought I was sleeping but I know everything. I love the holidays.  I get to eat a lot of yummy food (my Dadi and Nani even let me have cake...shhh...don't tell Mommy!) and I get so many gifts. But I specially like the holidays because I get to see all my family...and hanging out with them is worth more than the best toy (except my Elmo doll).


Love,
Nikhil


Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment