Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Big Boy Bed

A couple of months ago we decided to transition Nikhil to the big boy bed.  He was already outgrowing his crib.  He moved so much that the crib was quickily becoming too small.  Plus we had planned on using the crib for his soon to arrive little brother so we felt it was time for the move.  We moved him into the adjoining guest room (connected to his old nursery by a jack and jill bathroom) and his "big boy bed" is now the queen bed that was in that room now with attached railings.  The bed sits not too far from the floor and within a month he has learned to slide off the bed when he wants out. 

Now occasionally Nikhil will wake up in the middle of the night and we bring him into our bed.  We have a king bed that sits fairly high off the ground. In the mornings, I will usually go to shower and get ready for work while he's still asleep.  He'll often cry to let me know when he's awake.  Lately however, he's been surprising me.  I'll turn around and there will be this quiet little boy standing behind me. I've been wondering how he's getting down from the bed since it's so high up so I snuck in a little video catching him in the act. 



He's also already learned how to open doors too using the handles. We have to make sure to always bolt lock the door from the house to the garage since he opens that all too easily.  This boy is growing up too fast. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness... that was hilarious!! :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete