Thursday, July 26, 2012

Eviction notice delivered

Just wanted to give a little update on the new baby Mehra. My due date is next week Wednesday (just 6 days from now).  Everyone had predicted he would arrive early and he still may although he's showing little signs of wanting out.   Just to compare, I started experiencing contractions with Nikhil when I was 10 days from my due date and he was born 8 days before his due date. But as they say, you can never compare two pregnancies. My appoinments are weekly now and all of baby's vitals are normal.  So whether he's early, on-time or late, we should be grateful for normal. I'm not experiencing too many contractions and am feeling good (although tired most of the time). The baby is head down (in the right position).  Clothes have been washed, diapers purchased, and nursery room cleaned so we're all set and ready! 

Tomorrow is my last day at work and Nikhil's last day at daycare. Although I'm anxious for this baby to arrive, I'm excited about being able to spend some extra time with Nikhil before the new baby arrives. I stayed home with him on Monday and as tired as I was by the end of the day, it was wonderful to have quality one-on-one time with him. I worry how he's going to react to having to share his time with a new baby brother but I'm sure in time he'll grow to love having a brother. As always, everyone will be updated and posted about news of the arrival of the new baby Mehra!  Hopefully it'll be soon as I've just personally delivered him his eviction notice.

2 comments:

  1. I was amazed that Nikhil is aware that there's a new baby inside your stomach... I just wonder if he knows what a baby really is :-). 2 more days til due date!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was also amazed and it was so cute when you say "Where's baby" and he points to your stomach. Don't fear... Nikhil will get used to his baby brother and will LOVE him! I have special techniques to help with coping of new baby in household (thank goodness for old psychology textbooks)! :)

    ReplyDelete